English Language Ability
As a general advice, the following may help chances of a visa:
- Provide and submit original papers - not manufactured documents
- Do not be carried away by hearsays and windy news
- Check all documents at least 3-4 times before submission
- Be in good humour with ex employers as immigration may verify your past work experience
- Do not eat food that may give readings during immigration medicals that are outside of required ranges
- Try to find logic to every document and information that you provide to immigration
- Rehearse what you would say over phone to a visa officer if questioned or asked
- Inform about changes in address, job, and other things to immigration if they happen after application
- Bank statements should be current, correct and authentic
- You should know how you would repay your study loan if you have taken one
- For spouse visas, you should honestly tell where and how you met, and how the relationship progressed
- For Essential Skills Work Visa, make sure you know your job correctly and explain why that is a skilled job
- When in New Zealand, change your employer if the organization has blunt people or unhelpful HRD department
- Do not pay money for a job offer to extend visa, simply get a job- job is to earn, not to pay
- Finally, when you need to transfer fees to college in New Zealand from overseas, please do it through an approved bank
Before immigration medicals, drink plenty of water to flush out toxins from your system. Go to your GP and get cured of any temporary medical problem. If doubtful, get relevant testings done and take care of health by way of disciplined life style, exercise, actions and activities that may reduce mental stress, and check BP, Glucose and Liver functions. For ladies, check with your doctor to be sure about Anaemia and other problems before you go for final immigration medicals if in doubt. Chances are, the overwhelming majority do not need to do any of these as most young appicants have normal health..
New Zealand immigration evaluates your English language skills for student visas by way of IELTS scores. A good score may indicate a +ve profile student. However, many applicants from India may not need an IELTS score as this requirement is waived for many who passed 12th from certain boards in India. All Bangladeshi applicants, and applicants from many states in India, however, need an IELTS score. For a Level-5 course, the requirement is usually 5.5 bands while for Level-6 and Level-7 courses, this is usually 6.0 bands - all in Academic Modules. Level-8 and above courses usually need a score of 6.5 bands though.
Immigration New Zealand wants to see source of funds along with adequate funds for students who want to come to study in New Zealand. They may also want to see if the student held funds when he/she is in New Zealand in case a further student or other visa extension application is warranted. For students from India, there is a scheme in association with ANZ Bank of New Zealand where the student can transfer 1 year's living expenses and pay fees to college before a visa is endorsed in the passport. For students from Bangladesh, or those who do not want to block whole year's living expenses in ANZ Bank, proper source of funds is required. It cannot be sudden deposites in the account of the student, parents or sponsor. Student visa sponsors should also need to be someone who is normally expected to sponsor the applicant, not a distant relative who may have no bearing on the student's future. The best option in this case is to apply for a bank loan and provide the study loan sanction papers along with the student visa application to Immigration New Zealand. However, be prepared to answer questions by visa officer how you would service this loan and pay the amount back to the bank.
Many students who have study gaps, or change in courses after 12th or HSC, or are over a certain age when one is expected to work and earn, or are wanting to study after doing a job for several years or after being a housewife for long, or when source of funds for expenses is not clear, may be called for an interview over phone from Immigration New Zealand. Zealvision specilizes in grooming students and prepares them for via mock interviews. Though such preparation is not a guarantee for 100% success, still chances of a visa increase manifold if one is prepared. Many students who hardly knew the purpose of their study and subjects in their course of study along with inadequate knowledge why they are wanting to study in New Zealand not only got knowledge, information, and courage to face phone interview from Immigration New Zealand after grooming by Zealvision, they even started serious introspection about their life, its purpose and what and why they are preparing and committing such huge time, effort and money to some project called 'Study and Visas to NZ'. Isn't this the first step to success when one consciously questions one's own self?
Funds and its sourcing
Student Visa Interview over phone